My Crazy Life!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Picture yourself, swimming in an ocean...

So i need to rant a little,
I don't know if any of you know what it is like to live with your grandmother but let me tell you, it is not fun. It has been two years now since we moved in here, it was hard at times but okay at others, sometimes i will admit i kind of liked having her here, but now i am ready to move out myself.
She is old, 83 i think so i understand she is going a little crazy, she has a broken heart and is just all together losing it, but i can only use that as an excuse for so long, you know when someone tells you something enough times you start to resent them, and belive what they are saying. I have went through all these stages, at first i used to cry when she got in her "moods"(as i like to call them) then after crying was out i started ignoring it, and now i can't ignore it anymore, and i usually start laughing my ass off or yell right back. I know you guys are thinking wow, you are yelling at your Oma but seriously nothing makes a difference.
I have never been called a spoiled brat so much in my life for wanting to do my laundry, or making something to eat. And did you guys know that it is against the law to walk in front of the t.v to get to the kitchen when no one is even watching it! No music either..that is not aloud at any time. And friends oh friends, if they want to come over, they better not want anything to eat or drink. She actually freaked at my friends for getting a drink! I am just so sick of the fighting, i just wish i could have someone over when ever i wanted and be able to do my laundry when i please. I want to be able to talk and laugh when i want to. And i would like to feel safe parking my car in the drive way!
It is only until April 4th until she moves out, but i have never seen her this bad before.
And it is not me that i am really upset about, i just can not handel how she treats my mom anymore. The things she can say to her own daughter, her only daughter just amazes me every time. I am sick of hearing my mom cry over my Oma's mood swings.
I can't wait to have my family back.
Darrell actually bought a lock for my door yesterday so she could not barge in and scream at me anymore, i am done with this month, i need the next one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It actaully made me feel better after writting this...

10:07 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

thats what venting is for!
It kinda makes sense that it's getting worse - she's probably terrified of moving out on her own for the first time, well, ever. It's no excuse for her treating you or your mom badly but I really wonder if she even realizes what shes doing! she's not going to have anyone to yell at soon so shes trying to cram it all in now. I'm sorry you have to endure this, but keep your head up! It's just a few more days. Give your mom a hug for me!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never lived with or really knew my grandparents. I moved to alberta when I was 5 and the grandparents stayed in nfld. I visited them 3 times in my life before they all died. But yeah, they're all dead now. I'm sure it'll get better!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home